You can fight nature without being prepared. Same wise, you can’t enjoy extreme camping with an insulated travel trailer,
Camping in freezing weather requires a different type of checklist. Of course, picking a travel trailer with the best insulation is one of the priorities. There are many cold-weather travel trailer manufactures in the market, but which one should a new buyer consider?
Below are the best insulated travel trailers that can help you enjoy camping without worrying about the outside temperature.
|Table of content:|
|Northwood Snow River Travel Trailer|
|Lance 4 Travel Trailer|
|Livin Lite Camplite Travel Trailer|
|Forest River Rockwood Windjammer Travel Trailer|
|Jayco Redhawk 26XD|
|Heartland LM Arlington|
|Northwood Arctic Fox|
List of 9 Best Insulated Travel Trailers For Cold Weather
Northwood Snow River Travel Trailer
- This camper is one of the best-insulated travel trailers for all-weather; it offers high-density block foam insulation.
- There are two-floor plans to choose from; it offers features like exterior shower, power awning, outside speakers, and a kitchen grill.
- An exclusive diamond bumper wrap and residential wear floor covering make it one of the most durable options.
- Capable of towing more than 6.000 lbs GVWR.
- The floor plans do not differ a lot; snow river 266RDS is more spacious and weighs slightly more than the counterpart.
Lance 4 Travel Trailer
- Wintertime journeys are comfy with insulated hatch covers which can snap off or on depending on the weather. The covers prevent cold from invading the RV keeping the passengers warm and comfortable and making it one of the best-insulated travel trailers for all four seasons.
- Azdel Insulation replaces wood and prevents mildew, mould and rot that develops in the wood when exposed to wet and wintry conditions. This thermoplastic composite insulation also soundproofs the vehicle.
- A ducted heating system helps keep the whole space equally warm; it has hold tanks so that heated air can flow across the entire camper.
- It is equipped with dual pane insulated windows that also have soundproofing features.
- This vehicle has a water heater bypass for wintry conditions.
- No such drawbacks of this trailer. Although, the manufacturer can offer 4 Seasons package for toy trailers and truck campers.
Livin Lite Camplite Travel Trailer
- All Camplite models are made up of aluminium from top to bottom, and no wood is used even in the interior, making it durable and lightweight at the same time.
- This RV uses a thicker gauge of aluminium tubing to provide superior strength and lightweight towing ordeal; it saves your money in fuel and on the tow vehicle.
- It uses quality construction materials like six-sided block foam insulation, Azdel sidewalls Alpha Superflex, and laminated flooring to withstand all seasons.
- It offers various floor plans to choose from, like, bunkhouse, expandable, rear bathroom model.
- It also offers elegant exterior; there are many colour options to choose from, including silver, red and blue.
- If you have a family of three, including a child, it is perfect for you. For big families, it’s a big no.
Forest River Rockwood Windjammer Travel Trailer
- This travel camper features two entry doors and two slide outs. While entering from the rear entrance, there are two swivel rockers along the wall to relax during the journey.
- This vehicle offers space-saving furniture options like a 44″ dinette and a 67″ hide-a-bed-sofa, you can even swap the sofa with the theatre setting and the dinette with a standout table and four chairs.
- It comes fitted with a Serta queen bed and optional television set.
- This camper follows the v-nose design, making it ideal for people who want every possible space to be used and suitable for aerodynamics.
- The large size gives itself ample space for a 75-gallon grey water tank, 45-gallon freshwater tank, and a black water tank.
- The master bedroom has two slide wardrobes, a collapsible table which can space a bed that measures 60×10 and heated mattress.
- This camper is best for winters. With heated matters, you will get floor ducted furnace, upgraded fireplace, thermo-pane windows, electric-controlled heated holding tanks and insulation in the whole trailer.
- The bathroom is on the front side of this model.
- This camper is heavy, with 7482-pound ship weight and 897-pound hitch weight, you need a little experience to manoeuvre it flawlessly.
- It is quite lengthy so that it will require an ample parking space.
Jayco Redhawk 26XD
- This camper has the best entertainment features, from exterior/interior speakers to television set, it has everything.
- It has propane gas tank for the barbeque and is positioned in the rear part of the vehicle so that you need to worry about smoke going up in the RV.
- It offers 7500 towing capacity.
- This camper comes with electronic stairs; they come out as soon as the doors are open. An ideal feature for families with kids and elders.
- This RV offers seatbelts in all seating position for a safe road journey.
- It has all the essential kitchen amenities such as double sink, convection microwave, three burner cooktops, oven, a standard refrigerator.
- It comes with a walk around queen bed so that you don’t need to curl up in the corner; the bedroom has reading lights, a window for fresh and a big washroom with separate dry and wet areas.
- It can only store 42.5 gallons of freshwater water.
- It does not offer power-adjustable seats.
- The MaxFlo zone-controlled air conditioners run at 15000 BTU’s that makes it a standout from all other cold-weather RVs.
- Raptor allows you to choose from eight different floor plans. You will get the same rooms as the master bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, handy storage, but everything is arranged differently.
- The master bedroom has mirror doors, full-size closet, shades, and vinyl flooring.
- It is equipped with 30,000 BTU’s air conditioning and 35,000 BTU’s heater, making it ideal for summer and winter trips.
- It offers both interior/exterior speakers and surrounds sound.
- The kitchen is located in the centre of the camper to offer a comfortable cooking ordeal.
- There are no cons. It is one of the best picks for extreme cold weather RV.
Heartland LM Arlington
- LM Arlington comes with optional Yeti Extreme cold weather package, which prevents extreme weathers and makes it one of the best winterized RVs in the market.
- The travel trailer comes fitted with a power-tilted bed and bedroom reading lights.
- It also has a lockable safe to keep all the costly things and cash secured.
- It also offers a stainless steel oven, high-rise coffee maker and a backlit tile backsplash.
- The core package will also include USB ports, 1000 watt inverter with surge protectors and an 80amp converter.
- A multiplex lighting system and soft tables come with this RV
- You can add extra features such as a 40-inch exterior television set, slide room awnings, dishwasher, a bathroom fan and Alumni-guard awnings.
- The Yeti Extreme cold weather package is not included in the core package, and you need to pay extra for that.
Northwood Arctic Fox
- Northwood arctic fox offers four seasons construction and is ideal for every season.
- It has excellent heating and air conditioning facilities to keep the temperature of the interiors bearable.
- This camper provider best in class kitchen equipment such as six cubic foot two-way refrigerator, 22″ oven, microwave, pull out pantry, sliding storage space and more.
- It has hardwood hamper doors, and sliding battery rack for easy storage.
- It offers 59gallons fresh wastewater storage for off-road trails and camping.
- Rieco-Titan electric jacks, exterior speakers, Diamond plate knee wall, makes this camper an ideal choice.
- This 2021 model has an internal height of 6’7″ that makes it a big no for tall figures.
- It is a wise choice if you love going on off-trail hunting. It provides massive water storage. You can store 66 gallons of freshwater, 88 gallons of greywater and 49 gallons of black water.
- It is ideal for all seasons, as it is equipped with all necessities like 30,000 BTU air conditioning, 9000 BTU oven, a three burner cooktop and more.
- It has a unique heating system to keep you warm during extended winter breaks.
- This camper is spacious and has a full sliding master bedroom door and a large bathroom.
- Keystone Montana is not fuel-efficient.
- It is enormous and has dimensions of 35 feet and 8 feet, that means you will need a prominent parking place to park this RV.
- The travel trailer is equipped with everything and is a great choice, but their site does not work in some provinces, making it inaccessible to many people.
Why You Need Best Insulated Travel Trailers?
For the one’s who share their one on one with wanderlust, travelling is like passion to them. However, it’s not always the hotels that give you the comfort of staying indoors and enjoying the serene beauty of the spot. Sometimes, it is the destination and the journey that gives you the desired taste of travelling.
Further, travelling is the essence of living and should always be done in the best possible manner, ranging from a cosy stay, serene beauty to enjoying all the local flavours you taste in a particular area. Otherwise, your trip/journey really won’t have much effect on the overall value that it should add.
Things well said, when you don’t experience all the aspects of your travel, you don’t really enjoy, it’s just time wasted. Having your time wasted in public travels is not something that anybody would prefer, right?
This is where things take a turn for better with travel trailers that give you the travelling experience you desire.
Travel trailers have been the go-to hotel rooms for a vast number of travellers, ever since time immemorial; therefore, them being able to pass the test of extreme weather is a must. Today, having proper knowledge when selecting the extreme cold weather RVs is a must.
Now, we know that most of you won’t agree with this or might have second thoughts. Relax, I got you covered.
Is it really important for my travel trailer to be insulated for extreme weathers?
First, Yes, it is extremely essential to have a winterized RV as it is the essence of your travel. Mind that not always you’ll go to destinations that have similar weather or temperature throughout the year. Further, if you visit a certain destination all the time, are you even travelling?
Therefore, whenever you make a purchase for your next on the go vehicle, make sure that you go through the list of these winterized RVs.
What Is The Importance Of Insulation In Travel Trailer Or Camper Van?
In simple terms, a winterized RV provides proper atmosphere inside your RV. In summer, it maintains the low temperature inside of an RV. Whereas, it gives the required insulation to tackle extreme conditions outside. Listed below are some of the most apparent reasons that should be put into perspective to pick your next insulated trailer:
Helps you withstand hot and cold temperatures rapidly
Insulation is a necessary aspect inside your travel trailer, especially when you decide to move to either of the two extreme temperatures (shiver-striking weathers or warm & melting temperatures). When you decide to buy a travel trailer with proper insulation, you prevent yourself and your fellow occupants from getting affected by the weather changes. Insulation cuts off the contact between the temperature outside and aims to maintain a seamless temperature inside. Promoting the required inner atmosphere.
Having an insulated trailer adds to the efficiency
Yes, this might come out as a surprise to many new owners of a travel trailer, but it’s true. When you make the right move and plan your next travel with winterized RV, you save yourself on the costs of travelling as well, interesting right?
Insulation cuts of all the overall energy that is utilized by the trailer while you are travelling besides maintaining a seamless temperature inside, no matter what the temperature is outside. To understand this concept, let’s understand the working of a standard heater or a cooler. A heater or a cooler’s function is to draw electric current from the battery and the fuel inside a vehicle to convert into the corresponding gas.
This way, they tend to maintain preferred temperatures inside the cabin. When your cabin is insulated, it cuts off the temperature outside and creates a vacuum, thereby containing the temperature inside. This way, you save your resources spent behind maintaining temperatures in a pocket-friendly manner.
Insulated trailers are water and fire efficient
Let’s face it, accidents can happen at any point in time while you are travelling. While your vehicle might be laden with features to help you overcome the damage, there’s not much you can do in case of accidental fire. However, this is not the case with trailers that are developed with insulating materials.
No, they aren’t fireproof but better at minimising damage.
Travel trailers make the use of foam board insulation, making them a reliable mode of transport under extreme cases as these boards are water and fire-resistant. This way, these boards really save you from the troubles of your walls, facing condensation when you are off to travelling in humid conditions. Further, the insulation provided over these vehicles counts for a reliable safety shield, keeping the occupants away from extreme temperature conditions.
Now that you have finally understood the importance of opting for the best insulated travel trailer for hot weather & cold weather alike, we know what you might be thinking next.
If you are already tempted to buy one, we suggest that you understand the checklist that you should be looking after when you are off to buy your new travel trailer. Understanding the suggested points help you get through the basics of buying your next travel trailer:
As mentioned above, insulation is the key to your ride, and one of the must check inside your travel trailers. The trick here is to check the insulation level inside your trailer as it is the only factor that determines the ability to withstand extreme temperatures. The type of insulations presents inside your travel trailer are responsible for the effective working of your vehicle.
There are different forms of insulation present inside a trailer, some of the most common being the listed three:
- Spun fibreglass
When you go to select your travel trailer, make sure that you measure the R-Value. The higher the R-value of the tour trailer is, the better insulation it will provide you with. So far, fibreglass is the best to keep constant temperatures.
Your floor plan defines your layout of the travel trailer. Every trailer has a different format of floor plan. Therefore, you should always be aware of the floor plan inside your trailer as it represents the space and functionality inside.
Remember, the more varieties of floor plan your trailer has, the higher the functionality that it has to offer.
The piping inside your travel trailer plays a significant role in keeping up with the level of insulation inside the trailer. The water and septic pipes that are present inside the trailer add to its value as well.
We suggest you lookout for a trailer with PVC pipes as it allows you to enable multifunctionality. Insulated pipes prevent water from reaching its freezing point, thereby, saving you from the unnecessary pit stops in your journey.
Your travel trailer showcases your lifestyle. These best insulated travel trailers have not one but many significant advantages to add to your overall experiences while you are travelling. The more you understand the benefits of opting for an insulated travel trailer, the better it is for your overall experience of discovering new places on wheels.