What comes in your mind when someone says sports cars with a bull logo?
Well, they are wicked fast, beautifully designed and only a few on the roads. I know there’s an only obvious answer to this, which is the Lamborghini.
Hey but wait! Before we head to the Lamborghini facts.
Let me ask a quick question!
If you have to choose between a Lamborghini and Ferrari, what would be your pick and why? You can comment down below, I am curious! Genuinely speaking, I am a BIG fan of Lamborghini, and there are several reasons as well as history linked to it.
Lamborghinis are flashy & grab eyeballs on the go. Once you are inside, they will make you feel cold until you press the gas paddle that pumps a brattling sound via heavy artillery fitted beneath the V12 monster.
They are not just sports cars. For me, they are one of the most excellent examples of craftsmanship and the ultimate machines to smoke rubbers.
Here, I am sitting on my workstation and wandering some interesting facts about Lamborghini that you should definitely know. So, let’s get straight to the list of Lambo facts. Shall we?
List Of 33 Lamborghini Facts You Should Definitely Know!
- Lamborghini was founded by Ferruccio Lamborghini in 1963.
- Lamborghini is owned by Volkswagen group.
- The company still makes Tractors. In 1963, the Lamborghini started as a Tractor manufacturer but later shifted to the automobile business.
- Lamborghini was started to compete from Ferrari.
- Design inspiration and elements are inspired by fighter jets and bugs.
- Lamborghini logo and all sports cars name are inspired by Taurus. The founder, Ferruccio Lamborghini was interested in the sport of bullfighting and thus decided to feature a bull as a logo of his car company.
- The Veneno is one of the rarest, expensive and fastest Lamborghini in the world. The company had manufactured only 4 units in which 3 were sold to selected customers and one is placed in the company’s museum. In 2014, the manufacturer introduced Veneno Roadster. Only 9 units produced with a price tag of 4.5 million dollars.
- Ferruccio Lamborghini decided to build cars after being insulted by Enzo Ferrari.
- Terzo Millennio is the first electric prototype in the Lamborghini’s stable.
- Lamborghini’s V12 engines are used in powerboat racing. The company is known for its naturally aspirated V12 engines, but not all of them are powering their cars. They have produced V12 marine engine blocks that powers racing boats.
- Lamborghini donated multiple cars to the Italian police to transport organs fast. These cars were customised and equipped with special tools like – a refrigerated box.
- In 2016, the manufacturer sold a record number of 3457 cars.
- The manufacturer uses PIRELLI Tyres as standard.
- Lamborghini designed and manufactured a Golf cart for the Vatican. The manufacturer had fitted a special bulletproof glass and used to transport Pope John Paul II.
- The Lamborghini Family Museum in situated in Funo di Argelato (Bologna) Italy. This museum is open for public from Monday to Friday with an entry fee of 15 €.
- Except for Gallardo, which offered V10 engine, all Lamborghinis come bolted with V12 engines.
- For $ 5.6 Million, Veneno Roadster is the most expensive Lamborghini ever sold in the history of the manufacturer.
- Paolo Stanzani is known as the father of Miura, as he headed the technical development of the Lamborghini’s one of the most successful sports car.
- Aventador is the 3rd bestselling sports car in the USA
- Except for Italy, Lamborghini is used by Dubai city police. That’s not all, they have a bunch of Lamborghinis parked in the stable.
- There are 7,221 Lamborghini in the world as of now.
- Lamborghini Gallardo is the bestselling sports car of the manufacturer.
- LM0002, Espada & Urus are only Lamborghinis that offer 4 seats.
- Lamborghini Miura was the first supercar that has a two-seat layout with a mid-engine. It gave Miura more space to accommodate the engine between the rear and front axles. This helped Miura to achieve a top speed of 171 mph and excellent handling.
- The first car of Lamborghini was 350GT which was manufactured between 1964–1966.
- Lamborghini is the most used sports car in movies & music industry.
- These sports cars are used by many celebrities & business persons around the world.
- Stefano Domenicali is the Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of Lamborghini.
- The Countach is the only sports car form Lamborghini which was produced for 16 years.
- Except for Coupe & Roadsters, the LM0002 and Urus are two SUVs manufactured by the company.
- Lamborghini engineers helped Chrysler motors to build the first engine for Viper.
- Ferruccio Lamborghini was not interested in Motorsport/Racing.
- Design 90 was the first and only motorcycle produced by Lamborghini automobiles.
Hope you liked this crazy list of Lamborghini facts. Do you let me know your suggestions in the comment box!
Lamborghini Facts FAQs
What is the price of a Lamborghini?
Well, the cost of the cheapest Lamborghini is almost equivalent to a standard home in the U.S/UK. That said, a typical Lamborghini starts around $200,000.
What’s the most expensive Lamborghini?
As of now, Veneno is one of the fastest and most expensive Lamborghini in the world. The ROADSTER comes with a starting price of $ 9.5 Million.
What’s the fastest Lamborghini?
Lamborghini Veneno is the fastest and most exclusive sportscar by the manufacturer. The sportscar can go 0-100 km/h in under 3 seconds with a top speed of 200mph.
What are some crazy Lamborghini facts & figures?
One of the craziest Lamborghini information facts is that the automaker uses carbon fibre material. You will find other high-strength materials in their range of supercars.
Image Source: Lamborghini