Buying a vehicle in India might look easy job, but people often avoid it for various reasons like space, maintenance, finances, etc.
So, what if you want to travel for office, trips, and other states?
The need for quick & best mobility brings cab hiring services to the surface. Cab booking is one of the best ways to travel for your daily places, holidays, tours, etc. There are several well-known cab companies available in India.
Max of these brands works 24/7 to arrange an affordable and convenient ride for you. In addition, thanks to ongoing competition, you also get good discounts to save some money.
Book your personal vehicle with just a few clicks and enjoy your rides with complete safety. Given below are the top companies providing the best cab-hailing services with additional services.
List Of 10 Cab Companies In India
- Ola Cabs
- Uber Cabs
- Savaari Car Rentals
- Meru Cabs
- Gozo Cabs
- Fast-track Taxi App
- Bharat Taxi
- My Taxi India
1. Ola Cabs
- Established: 2010
- Headquarters: Bangalore, India
- Founders: Ankit Bhakti and Bhavish Aggarwal
One of the first names that come to your mind while thinking about cabs is Ola. Apart from India, Ola is also ranked one of the world’s best ride-hailing companies.
In terms of servicing, the customers get to choose from a wide range of cars (Ola Prime, Sedan, Mini, etc.), auto-rickshaws, bikes, etc. With over 1 billion annual rides, Ola meters highest than any of the taxi companies in India.
- Ola is present in over 250 cities including metro cities Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Gurugram, and others.
- It provides on-demand taxi services and car rental services too.
- Ola accepts cash or online (credit cards, debit cards, wallets & Ola money).
- With sedans, SUVs, and hatchbacks, Ola offers a wide range of cabs at different prices.
- Like every cab service, you can simply book the ride by entering your current location and destination.
- The Ola app can be booked by both iOS and Android.
- Currently, Ola offers 3 major travel categories – Daily, Rental & Carpooling services.
- The brand offers up-to-date coupons and discounts.
Brand’s Offerings: Ola Electric & Drive/Earn with Ola. If you own a fleet then you can also reach out to top-rated Indian car wrap advertising companies for additional income.
- Established: 2019
- Headquarters: Gurugram, India
- Founders: Punit K Goyal, Puneet Singh Jaggi, and Anmol Singh Jaggi
You must have seen an electric vehicle with blue vinyl stickers. During the research, I found that BluSmart is giving tough competition to regular companies like Ola & Uber.
BluSmart is India’s first all-electric shared ride-hailing platform working with a mission of providing smarter, safer, and cleaner mobility.
Ranked as one of the top sustainable companies in India, Blu saved 11k+ tonnes of CO2 emissions by 2022*.
- No cancellation from their side because a driver doesn’t have a cancel button.
- Before or on-time arrival at pickup locations.
- Book your ride with just ₹139 (in Delhi NCR). Similarly to Uber, you can book Blu for hourly rentals.
- Easy to Signup – All can be done with your mobile number within seconds.
- Their fleet includes Hyundai Kona Electric, MG ZS Electric, Mahindra E-Verito, and others.
- Compared to other brands, Blue doesn’t offer surge pricing.
- Excellent network of charging sessions.
- Tata Motors is a direct vehicle provider to BluSmart Electric Mobility.
Brand’s Offerings: Become an EV charging host, excellent benefits for drivers,
3. Uber Cabs
- Established: 2009
- Headquarters: San Francisco, California, US
- Founders: Garrett Camp and Travis Kalanick
Uber – A pioneer of online cab business. The brands offer competitive pricing with quality service. Yes, in terms of quality, you get the best-rated drivers with neat & clean cabs.
Based in San Francisco, Uber is an international & most trusted ride-hailing company in the world. The brand launched Indian operations in 2013. Similar to Ola, Uber India provides cab services in all metro cities and stated like Delhi, Gujrat, Ahmedabad, Haryana, and others.
- One can book the ride through their website or using the mobile app. All you need to sign up using your phone number or email ID.
- Offers budget-friendly rides compared to Ola* at any time. Although, fare varies as per several factors like distance, traffic, your pick, surcharge, and other unknown algorithm factors.
- The rides are divided into two categories: Popular and Economy rides. Popular being the luxury rides and Economy being the affordable rides.
- Uber India offers a wide range of fleets like Sedan Intercity, XL Intercity, Uber Moto, Uber Go, Uber Go Sedan, Uber Premier, Uber XL, and others.
- Uber India offers 3 major travel categories – Ride, Driver, or delivery & Rent your fleet.
- Wide presence in Airports and famous locations across India
- Excellent coverage for out-station cabs, which is missing on other alternatives like Ola.
- Uber India offers the latest offers – especially for new users.
Brand’s Offerings: Excellent earning loan benefits for drivers
4. Savaari Car Rentals
- Established: 2006
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Founder: Gaurav Aggarwal
Serving over 17 years in the transportation industry, Savaari is a value cab provider for all inter-city travelers. The brand is available in over 2000+ cities and covered over 265 million kilometers in servicing from one state to other.
It is a well-known and largest name in intercity and local cab provider. As per the brand, they are rated 5/5 on TripAdvisor, 4.5/5 on Google & 4.5/5 on Google Play Store, showing the happy service provided to users.
To book, you can visit their website or download the mobile app to pick a destination among different types of trips like one-way, round-trip, local & airport drops/pickups. Let’s go through other features provided by Savaari!
- Transparent billing with hygienic vehicles.
- Excellent rating from customers and all travel platforms.
- Unlike Ola & Ubers, Savaari is a perfect pick for people looking for intercity or interstate commutes.
- Offers excellent opportunities for all travel agents and drivers in different states like Shimla, UP, etc.
- 24×7 support with attractive discounts (better than Ola & Ubers), and immediate bookings.
- You can also rent cabs on rent via Savaari.
Brand’s Offerings: Special offers for Travel agents
5. Meru Cabs
- Established: 2000
- Headquarters: Mumbai, India
- Founder: Neeraj Gupta
Unlike Uber & other brands, Meru Cabs is quite popular for outstation, airport & rental rides. However, Meru also offers city, hourly, and business operations.
The car-hailing company is backed by the Mahindra group and offers services in over 100 cities and 7k+ destinations. Thanks to the Mahindra investment, you will see Mahindra vehicles in their fleet like – Verito and other Electric vehicles.
In addition, MeruBiz also offers business travel management services for different brands in different cities.
- The cabs are integrated with electric meters and GPS for customers’ convenience and safety.
- Meru also covers some of the major airports in India such as Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, and Bengaluru.
- It provides 24/7 services for airport pickup/drops, car rentals, city rides, etc. You can also check a few popular car rental softwares providers.
- Various vehicles available for the rides are hatchbacks, MUVs, Sedans, electric cars, etc.
- You can pick MeruBiz for corporate travel management.
- Get the Meru app from Google Play or App Store.
Brand’s Offerings: Became a driver to earn a regular income with your car
- Established: 2000
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Founder: RAJIV K. Vij
Carzonrent is a distinguished cab service provider in India based in New Delhi. The company has been providing its services in the major cities of India since 2000. It also partnered with IRCTC in 2015 and has been providing rides to railway customers too.
The brand offers all kinds of local, outstation, airport, or dedicated cabs over a call or online.
- Their 6,500 fleet includes various automobile categories like compact, van premium, superior, intermediate, standard, luxury, and 4-wheel drive for the rides.
- You can pick from automobile brands like Audi, BMW, Maruti, Mercedes, Toyota, etc.
- The chauffeurs are professionals and well-versed in traffic management.
- They are trusted by some of the top brand names like Amazon, Toyota, Flipkart, Microsoft, and HDFC Bank.
- Currently, Carzonrent is available in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and other major metro cities.
- The brand has served over 20,000 trips.
- Recognised with achievements from different well-reputed organisations.
Brand’s Offerings: Add your vehicle and dedicated cabs
Explore Apps: NA
7. Gozo Cabs
- Established: 2015
- Headquarters: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Founders: Sanjay Dwarika Kedia and Deepesh Arora
As the brand says, quality cabs at amazing prices.
Gozo Cabs is a trustworthy local, outstation, and airport cab service in India. The team behind the company has experience of over 2 decades and global exposure in their industry which makes the company reliable.
- Gozo offers multiple kinds of rides which are one-way trips, round trips, pick-up or drop to the airport, daily rentals, and multi-city multi-day trips.
- Excellent 24×7 customer support which is major missing in Ola & Uber.
- Gozo is present in all the states of India.
- Transparent charges with no cancellation of rides by the drivers.
- Select your pick from various options like Compact, SUV, Sedan, Luxury vehicles, or Tempo-traveller.
- Only a senior citizen-friendly cab brand with professional drivers and no hidden charges.
Brand’s Offerings: Earn as commission as travel agents/resellers & attach your taxi.
8. Fast-track Taxi App
- Established: NA
- Headquarters: Kodambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Founder: Redsun C Ambigapathy
Fast-track is a Chennai-based outstation cab booking company. The brand offers locals different mobility plans from one state to another with pocket-friendly costs.
With experience of almost 2 decades, they have gained the trust of over 15M customers. The fast track cab offers riding facilities:
- Safe trips
- Cab tracking system
- Quick alert
- One-tap booking systems
- Fee mode of payment
- Flat rate system
- Lower rates
- Easy mobile booking
- Pocket-friendly fares
- Top rated drivers
- The service can be used in the major southern cities of India like Bangalore, Chennai, Madurai, Hyderabad, Munnar, Coimbatore, etc.
- Call Fast-track at any time and your pick will be ready within a few minutes.
- Download the app from App Store or Google Play.
- Types of cabs are Sedan, SUV, HatchBack, Maxi Cab, etc.
Brand’s Offerings: Add your vehicle & became a driver to earn regular income.
9. Bharat Taxi
- Established: 2009
- Headquarters: Razapur Khurd, Delhi, India
- Founder: R Narayan Halder
Bharat Taxi is one of the rapidly growing cab hiring companies in India. They are present in over 100 destinations across India.
To book a cab, all you need to select your source/destination with the date range, and website will show you the fare. Currently, Bharat Taxi offers 5 different trips – local, one-way, round trip, road trip, or local transfer.
In addition, you can also book Bharat Taxi for airport, railway, festivals, tours, specialised and convenient picks/drops. Let’s understand more features!
- The competitive rates keep the prices pocket friendly for the customers.
- You can pre-book a one-way outstation ride, outstation round trip, or simple pickup and drop service.
- There are packages with which you can hire cabs for more than one day for group and family tours.
- The services are provided in cities like Chennai, Mumbai, Ludhiana, Indore, Pune, Ahmedabad, etc.
- You can book your rides through calls or on the website.
Brand’s Offerings: Dynamic packages or Deals are created
Explore Apps: NA
10. My Taxi India
- Established: 2013
- Headquarters: Rohini, Delhi, India
- Founder: Anshuman Mihir
My Taxi India is the best rental stop for your local, outstation, and holiday tours. The firm has earned its name as India’s “largest chauffeur-driven network”. It is available in around 300 cities in India with over 1,10,00+ taxis.
- Along with local and outstation rides, MTI provides services for one-way outstation rides, one-way intercity cabs, weekend tours, taxi packages, bus rentals for local or outstation tours, etc.
- Apart from top metro cities, My Taxi India is available in cities like Shirdi, Jammu, etc.
- You can check their website for the latest offers and coupon codes.
- People book their taxis for Manali, Shirdi, Shimla, Katra, Agra, Delhi, etc.
- Pick from smart office commute available in 300+ cities with 2,00,000+ vehicles.
Brand’s Offerings: Focus on local & state tours
Explore Apps: NA
Which cab service is best in India?
The best cab service in India can vary depending on personal preferences and location. However, some popular options include Ola, Uber, and Meru Cabs.
Which Indian company is like Uber?
Ola is an Indian ride-hailing company that is often compared to Uber.
Which is India’s first cab service?
Mega was India’s first cab service launched in 2001.
Which is better Uber or Ola?
Both brands offer different USPs. However, it depends on factors such as location, availability, pricing, and personal preferences. It’s best to compare both services and choose the one that suits your needs.
What is India’s largest taxi company?
Ola is considered the largest ride-hailing company in India in terms of market share, total cabs assigned to the business, and the number of rides.
How many cabs are there in India?
There is no exact number, but there are millions of cabs operating in India across various ride-hailing services, taxi companies, and independent drivers
Which state banned Ola and Uber?
The state of Karnataka briefly suspended the licenses of Ola and Uber in 2016 due to regulatory issues.
India’s cab market is highly competitive and growing with good scale.
Numerous players offer different features, benefits, and pricing.
While Ola and Uber continue to dominate the market or should I say metro cities, companies like BluSmart is becoming another go-to service for their pricing and eco-friendly features.
If you ask me, I prefer Uber & BlueSmart for anything related to local or official travel. Another side, Savaari is a perfect pick for state-to-state commuting.
The best cab brand depends on individual preferences, budgets, and requirements. Here, Indian customers have plenty of options to choose from.
Please let me know your favorite brand in the comment section below.