Looking for the best automobile software companies? Do you want to know their key business, clients, and other sources of information?
After researching different software list directories, OEM, and related documents, I’ve listed the biggest & most trusted automotive software development companies serving globally (U.S.A., India, Dubai, Germany, etc.)
In addition, while researching, I came up with different segments such as consulting, Fortune 100/500, and small or big startups. So, you will see a variety of brands in the mentioned list. Time to explore!
Basic criteria for selecting Automotive Software Development companies:
- Brand value: How long is the brand serving in the software industry? What’s the client type and industry served?
- Multinational: Brand that serves multiple countries as a service.
- Service Timing: Timing becomes important when you hire a brand for product development and want to connect with it.
- Delivery: What’s the project delivery time while keeping maintaining the quality?
|Automotive Software Companies|
|McKinsey & Company|
1. Bose Corporation
Bose was founded in 1964 by Amar Bose. It is an American audio and software design company. Located in Massachusetts, the brand majorly deals in speakers, noise-cancelling devices, and all automobile operating systems. Bose has been a leading innovator for the last 50 years.
- Website: Bose.com
- Key clients: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Fiat, GMC, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Kia, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, and Porsche
- Main Headquarters Address: The Mountain, Framingham, MA 01701, U.S.A.
- Indian Headquarters Address: Tower B, 4th Floor, N-10, DLF Cyber City, DLF Phase 2, Gurugram, Haryana 122002
- Contact: email@example.com
Not limited to automobile components manufacturing, Denso works in core Research & Development of futuristic technology.
The brand was founded in 1949 and operates in Japan. In addition, Denso is operating in major automobile hubs globally, including India, the U.S.A., Russia, etc.
- Website: Denso.com
- Key clients: Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Volvo, Audi, Porsche, Lexus, Land Rover, Cadillac, Jaguar
- Main Headquarters Address: 3900 Via Oro Avenue, Long Beach, California 90810 U.S.A. M.A.P.
- Indian Headquarters Address: Plot No 3, Sector 3, Imt Manesar, Gurugram, Haryana 122050
- Contact: Inquiry form
3. HCL Technologies
HCL, also known as Hindustan Computer Limited, is an Indian I.T. & consulting company. The company is located in Noida and deals in all kinds of Automotive Consultancy & management services. The brand has previously worked with Suzuki, Volvo, and other automakers.
The company was founded by Shiv Nadar in 1976. Currently, it operates from the Noida headquarters, with other offices situated globally.
- Website: HCL.com
- Key clients: Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Volvo, Audi, Maruti, Tata, Renault
- Main Headquarters Address: HCL Technologies Ltd. Technology Hub, SEZ. Plot No. 3A, Sector 126, Noida – 201304, India
- USA Headquarters Address: 330 Potrero Ave Sunnyvale, CA Computer Services – MapQuest
- Contact: Inquiry form
Intellias deals in automobile-embedded software & everything related to multimedia systems. The company works from multiple locations such as Chicago, Berlin, Dubai, Lviv, etc.
The company deals in different kinds of automobile research & development areas such as Autonomous Driving, ADAS, HMI, Connected car, Navigation development, Embedded, etc.
- Website: Intellias.com
- Key clients: Siemens, Roche, Alphary, Microsoft, Playbuzz, Nokia, RTL Group, EveryMatrix, Kia
- Chicago Address: 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1000, Chicago, IL 60661
- Berlin Address: Pappelallee 78/79, 10437 Berlin, Germany
- Contact: Inquiry form
5. Altoros Labs
Altoros Labs – a Software Development company was founded in 2001. They deliver an unparalleled driver experience by incorporating cloud technologies, artificial intelligence, blockchain, and the Internet of Things into your connected vehicles. You can rely on the expertise at Altoros Labs in developing automotive applications and integrating third-party solutions, back-end systems, cloud services, etc., into connected vehicles. With over 20 years of experience, we have an in-depth understanding of industry-specific issues. Automotive Solutions in focus:
- Driverless systems
- Vehicle connectivity
- Vehicle navigation
- Human-machine interfaces
- Product lifecycle management (PLM)
- Real-time GPS tracking
- Website: Altoroslabs.com
- Key clients: Toyota, Hitachi, Mom Trusted, NuoDB, Huawei, Denso, Siemens, Dealflo, LikeFolio, MittMedia Canonical
- Headquarters Address: 4900 Hopyard Rd., Suite 100, Pleasanton, CA 94588
Most of us heard about this German engineering brand – Robert Bosch GmbH, also known as Bosch. Apart from automobile R&D, Bosch is specialized in electronics. You can also explore the list of automobile spare parts manufacturers in India along with car design softwares available in the market.
It was founded on 15th November 1886 and serves worldwide. Earlier, Bosch introduced different innovations in automobiles, such as – windshield wipers, injection pumps, etc. Currently, the brand is leading major innovation projects in the automobile industry – thanks to the software & Artificial Intelligence.
- Website: Bosch.com
- Key clients: BMW, Suzuki, Toyota, Mercedes, Volvo, Audi & other automakers.
- Main Headquarter Address: 38000 Hills Tech Dr, Farmington Hills, MI 48331, United States
- Contact: Inquiry form
TCS, also known as Tata Consultancy Services, is an Indian-based I.T. service and consulting company. The brand is owned by Tata Group, one of the major Automobile manufacturers worldwide.
As a consultant, TCS is responsible for all software research for Tata and other companies. The company is headquartered in Mumbai and operates globally. Moreover, TCS was founded by Tata Sons in 1968.
- Website: TCS.com
- Key clients: NA
- Main Headquarter Address: 9th Floor, Nirmal Building, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400021
- Contact: Contact form
8. Connexion ltd
Connexion is an Australia-based software development leader focusing on fleet management, I.O.T.-based projects, advanced infotainment systems, etc.
The brand was founded in 2014 and serves major automakers in the country. Connexion also developed a cloud-based vehicle management system for cars and trucks.
- Website: Connexion.com
- Key clients: GM, Ford, Volkswagen, Skoda, Citroen, Peugeot
- Address: 2nd Floor, 56 Queen’s Rd, Reading RG1 4AZ, United Kingdom
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
According to GlobalLogic, a car is a new software platform. Operated under Hitachi, GL has worked with top Automobile technology suppliers and O.E.M.’s.
In addition, GlobalLogic can help in the digital cockpit, connectivity & telematics, electronic control units, advanced driver assistance systems, virtual maintenance training & design.
The company is headquartered in San Jose, California and operated by C.E.O. Shashank Samant. It was founded in 2000 and currently employs over 25,000+ professionals.
- Website: GlobalLogic.com
- Key clients: Oracle, Sprint, Cisco
- Address: 1741 Technology Drive, San Jose, California -95110 (U.S.A.)
- Contact: Request for service
Like McKinsey, Deloitte is an international consulting or professional services network. The company was named after its founder – William Welch Deloitte.
Currently, Deloitte is headquartered in London, United Kingdom and serves worldwide. According to data, Deloitte is one of the most reliable & tech-driven automobile software companies.
The brand has been the backbone of various mid or large-scale Indian automobile companies. In addition, Deloitte has successfully decreased the gap between automotive hardware and software architecture.
- Website: Deloitte.com
- Key clients: NA
- Main Office: New York – National Office, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, 41st floor
New York, NY, United States, 10112-0015
- India Office: Senapati Bapat Marg, Elphinstone Road (West) Mumbai, Maharashtra. 400013. India. Phone: (022) 6185 4000.
- Contact: Fill the form for sales, support, products, etc
Not sure if you’ve experienced this brand once. Harman is the world’s leader in designing and manufacturing music systems for any vehicle.
Harman is part of the Samsung group, which designs solutions for automakers, consumers, and traditional enterprises, including connected car systems, visual products, and automation solutions.
It was founded by Sidney Harman & Bernard Kardon in 1980. Currently, the brand is located in Stamford, Connecticut (U.S.).
Major Brands: A.K.G., A.M.X., Arcam, Bang & Olufsen Automotive, Becker, B.S.S. Audio, Crown, dbx, D.O.D. Electronics, DigiTech, Harman Kardon, Infinity, J.B.L., Lexicon, Mark Levinson, Martin, Revel, Soundcraft and Studer.
- Website: Harman.com
- Key clients: Toyota, BMW, J.B.L., Chrysler, Alfa Romeo, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Suzuki, Hyundai, Jaguar, etc.
- Main Headquarters Address: 400 Atlantic St 15th fl, Stamford, CT 06901, United States
- India Headquarters Address: Office-1, Wing ‘A’ & ‘B’ 6th floor, Plot No. 9, Phase I, Doddenakkundi Industrial Area, Bearing Khata bearing Sl. No. 299 old No.62, situated at Survey No. 77, Doddenakkundi Village, K.R. Puram Hobli, Bangalore East Taluk, Bangalore – 560048, Karnataka
- Contact: Fill the required form
12. McKinsey & Company
McKinsey is one of the best management consulting companies in the world.
It was founded by Professor James O. McKinsey. While the company is not directly involved in development but plays an important role in automotive product development. McKinsey helps with Automotive O.E.M.s, suppliers, commercial vehicles, markets, and machinery.
- Website: McKinsey
- Key clients: BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc.
- Headquarters Address: 3111 Clairmont Road Suites A&C, Space 3111A
- Contact: Fill out the form
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 American public company that deals in multiple businesses (aerospace, automobile, performance materials, I.T.) globally. Currently, it is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina.
In terms of products or services, Honeywell develops different kinds of sensors, measuring units and security units for automakers.
- Website: Honeywell.com
- Key clients: Major automobile makers in India, USA & Japan
- Headquarters Address: 300 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC, United States
- Contact: Fill out the form for sales, support, products, etc.
14. Bamboo Apps
Bamboo Apps is a trusted outsourcing partner for the automotive & mobility industry. The company delivers bespoke digital solutions for connected, autonomous, shared, and electric vehicles. Fully committed to perfection in everything we do, the team makes automotive software development smooth and hassle-free.
Bamboo Apps services include consulting & innovation, elaboration & requirements development, UX/UI Design, software development and others.
The tech expertise covers Driver companion apps, HMI design, Telematics & Infotainment, Remote vehicle control, Safety, and others.
- Website: Bambooapps.eu
- Key clients: Jaguar Land Rover, Axitech, Mitsubishi Electric, Gentherm, Rinspeed Inc., Škoda Auto, Osram, Zurich Insurance, ER-Telecom
- Address: Harju maakond, Tallinn, Kesklinna linnaosa, Kentmanni 4, 10116, Estonia
- Contact: Fill out the form
What are the benefits of outsourcing automotive software?
- Cost factors: Outsourcing can reduce your automobile software development cost as you won’t need an internal team or other assets.
- Skill set: Hiring the right talent can be tricky and delay development.
- Saving time: Outsourcing can save time to focus on core business.
- Quality: Hiring the best brand can bring quality development onboard.
We are witnessing rapid growth in the automobile industry, consumers, and technological advancements such as Driverless, ADAS, Engine refinements, Voice commands in MG, etc. There is a piece of code behind anything automation, and Automobile manufacturers don’t put 100% research as they prefer outsourcing, and here comes the role of these tech giants.
I hope you got your answer. Please feel free to give feedback in the comment section. I’ve also researched & listed the best car rental software. Do explore!
What is the percentage of Indian companies in the car automation & software industry?
India has a 30 to 40% market share in automobile research & development. This includes all vehicles – passengers, commercial, agriculture, etc.
Which is the most advanced company in automobile softwares?
Deloitte & Bosch are the most revolutionary companies in the automobile sector. Both companies play a major role in automation, AI, or EV.
Which is the future of softwares in the world’s automobile industry?
Future cars will be connected. The software will play a vital role in mapping, driving or any other automation. In addition, a few new-age startups are working on driverless or connected car enhancements.
What is the average automotive software cost?
The average price of automobile software depends on the feature list, number of total users, country operations and product details. Usually, an average hourly rate starts from $50 and goes up to $99/ hr or even more. Regarding total project costs, the average cost starts from $25,000.