Did you know?
Indian auto industry to be World’s 3rd largest by 2026.
According to the Economic Times, with INR 4.2 lakh crore, the Indian Auto parts industry recorded the highest revenue in 2022.
With the exponential growth of the Indian automobile sector, I’m pretty sure that its reliable sectors such as OEMs, etc will continue to grow.
In previous articles, I’ve covered about Indian automobile sector and related software companies, but you guys requested to cover OEM leaders available in India.
Well, as discussed above, the Indian automotive industry has seen significant growth over the past few years.
Today, India has many prominent businesses indulged in designing and supplying top-rated auto parts worldwide. I’ve researched and listed top growing manufacturers of automobile parts in India. Let’s explore and see what they sell.
Criteria used before selecting these brands:
- Total revenue
- Network and presence
- Role in the industry
- Number of clients
List Of Best Indian Auto Parts Manufacturers
1. BOSCH Limited
Like HELLA, Bosch is a German technology company focusing on Automobiles, appliances, energy, and industrial tools.
Funded by Robert Bosch, Bosch entered the Indian market in 1922 as CBU. The brand acquired MICO (Motor Industries Company Ltd.) and renamed Bosch Limited to start manufacturing operations in 1951.
Bosch India has 16 units where it performs research, design, and manufactures. Here, R&D facilities in Pune, Hyderabad, Coimbatore, and Bangalore.
- Leader in sensitive automobile components such as brakes, measurement sensors, circuits, ignition, etc.
- Bosch provides mobility solutions for all kinds of automobiles, including passenger and commercial vehicles.
- Over 50% of revenue is generated by the automotive parts business.
- Whether it’s EV, autonomous, or chips, Bosch is a leading brand in India and globally.
- It is the biggest player in hardware & advance software-integrated automobile technology.
- Quality with excellent reliability.
- Latest innovations – Bosch is a leading brand in new automotive technologies.
- Wide range of brands.
- It targets the global markets.
Bosch works with Audi, BMW, Daimler AG (Mercedes-Benz), Ford, General Motors, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen Group, Suzuki, and other small OEM companies.
Check their product range:
2. Samvardhana Motherson Sumi Systems Limited
Samvardhana Motherson, earlier known as Motherson Sumi Systems Limited was founded in 1986. It is a global player in wiring harnesses, brake systems, rearview mirrors, shock absorbers, SMAS products, and other parts.
This Indian brand was started by S. L. Sehgal & Vivek Chaand Sehgal and currently operates from Noida, Uttar Pradesh (India). SMSSL also designs and manufactures a few components in a collaboration with Sumitomo Wiring Systems, Japan.
- The company has been rooted in more than 40 countries like Brazil, Australia, Argentina, India, France, etc.
- Apart from discussed products, Samvardhana Motherson also deals in automobile air filters, car tracking devices, cables, etc.
- Wide presence in the Indian automobile industry.
- One of the oldest players with consistent quality products in the portfolio.
- As EVs are riding in India, Motherson becomes a prime and quality manufacturer of wires, cables, and other essential EV parts.
- Trusted by India’s largest automobile manufacturers.
- Current client portfolio includes Maruti Udyog, Tata Motors, etc.
Check their product range:
Think bearing think SKF.
SKF India was established in the year 1923. The company is a reputable provider of mechanical solutions for anything related to an automobile (2, 3, or 4-wheelers).
The company has progressed in this competitive commercial with its “5 technology-centric platforms”, which are bearings and units, seals, lubrication (grease or oils), condition monitoring, and other mechanical maintenance services.
In manufacturing setups, SKF has three major plants in India: Pune, Bangalore, and Haridwar.
- Pune: It focused on bearings.
- Bangalore: It focused on complex bearings, rollers, customized products, and other transmission-related spares.
- Haridwar: Deep grove ball bearing.
- SKF has maintained a strong network with R&D test sites (research and development) worldwide to strengthen its technology.
- They supply products for automotive sectors listing two-wheelers, three-wheelers, aerospace, light trucks, trailers, buses, etc.
- The product collection lists automotive seals, monitoring systems, vehicle aftermarkets, industrial solutions, magnetic bearings, rolling bearings, lubrication management, test equipment, maintenance products, etc.
- It is the oldest and most trusted player in the bearing and grease market.
- Over 150 brands in the portfolio.
- SKF is the largest bearing manufacturer in the world.
- It comes under Forbes Global 2000 ranking.
- SKF Invests heavily in R&D around the world.
SKF serves almost all manufacturing. Instead, I’ve listed the industries down below:
|Food And Beverage||General Machinery||Machine Tools|
|Mining, Mineral Processing, and Cement||Ocean Energy||Oil & Gas|
|Pulp & Paper||Railways||Trailers|
|Buses||2 And 3 Wheelers||Wind Energy|
Check their product range:
4. Varroc Engineering Limited
Varroc is a popular auto component manufacturing company that focuses on Polymer technology. The company started in 1990 and operates end-to-end to produce components for major automobile brands.
When I said end-to-end, it means that Varroc designs and manufactures lighting systems, polymer components, and electrical/electronic components.
Currently, Varroc manufactures from different manufacturing plants in Pune and Aurangabad.
- Varroc has been the most preferred solution source for developing and distributing innovative polymer components.
- The company is ranked 129th out of 500 on the Fortune India list.
- Varroc has over 75 patents and a team of experienced and skilled workers (6K+) indulged in the experimenting and management work.
- The products include polymers parts, EV solutions, precision metallic parts, lighting systems, electrical-electronics parts, and plastic parts.
- The brand has a global presence in 6 countries.
- Extremally popular for polymer solutions, globally.
- Rated 3.8 /5 for b2b customer satisfaction.
- Offers the best design solutions that make Varroc a perfect OEM for business.
- Rated 6th largest & fastest growing components manufacturer for exterior auto lighting.
Varroc manufactures parts for all Indian & global automobile brands.
Check their product range:
5. Sundaram Clayton Limited
Sundaram Clayton Limited (SCL) is a subsidiary of the TVS group. The company was established in 1962 and became India’s one of the largest automotive components manufacturing and distribution brand.
The brand believes in quality and robust engineering. SCL manufactures from 4 Indian plants – Padi, Hosur, Oragadam & Mahindra World City (Tamil Nadu).
Only the Ridgeville plant operates from South Carolina, USA. Combing all plants, SCL has a manufacturing capacity of 74,000 metric tonnes/annum.
- The company is a prominent provider of aluminum die castings for automotive and non-automotive segments.
- SCL is a reputable distributor of equipment for sub-assembled aluminum castings and machines.
- The company takes care of everything from designing and manufacturing stage to the improvement and supply of finished goods.
- The company’s products list includes gear housing, clutch housing, flywheel housing, air connectors, lube oil cooler, cylinder head, fuel pump housing, fork gear shift, oil pan, and other products for two-wheelers, heavy commercial vehicles, and passenger cars.
- Only big & reliable manufacturer in the die-casting and component-making business.
- Trusted by over 17 automobile manufacturers globally.
- Global supply chain and wide distribution network.
- TVS authorship makes it stand out in the spare parts business.
Sundaram Clayton Limited manufactures parts for Hyundai, BMW, Ford, Honda, Kia, TVS, Volvo, Daimler group, etc. The manufacturing covers commercial, passenger, and 2-wheelers.
Check their product range:
6. Rane Holdings Private Limited
From brakes to diecast or engines, Rane Group plays a vital role in the Indian automobile industry.
Rane Group was established in 1929 as a dealer of automobiles, but later on transformed into an auto-component business.
Today, it is headquartered in Chennai and operates multiple manufacturing facilities, including Puducherry, Hyderabad, Mysore, Tumkur, Pantnagar, Bawal, Trichy, Sanand, Russellville, and Kentuck.
The group is divided into multiple companies, where each of them takes care of respective business chains:
- Rane Holdings
- Rane Engine Valve
- Rane (Madras)
- Rane Brake Lining
- Rane Diecast
- Rane TRW Steering Systems
- Rane NSK Steering Systems
- Kar Mobiles
- JMA Rane Marketing
- Rane Holdings America
- The company manufactures/supplies steering and suspension systems, friction materials (brakes & linings), valve train components, occupant safety systems, light metal casting products, die casting products, engine valves, seatbelts, airbags, hydraulic pumps & connected mobility solutions.
- The company manufactures auto parts for light, medium, and heavy commercial vehicles, two-wheelers, three-wheelers, multi-utility vehicles, farm tractors, and passenger cars.
- Rane is the preferred OE manufacturer and supplier by various brands.
- Strong presence in multiple parts such as brakes, etc.
- Almost all Indian manufacturers are reliable on Rane manufacturing and distributing.
- Apart from India, Rane manufactures in North American and Europe markets.
- Access to best R&D & technology.
- Exports to over 30+ countries.
- Global partnerships.
- Rane Group provides parts to Maruti, Volvo, M&M, Tafe, Tata, and 30+ brands.
Check their product range:
7. Munjal Showa Limited
Right after Nippon, Munjal Showa Limited was established in 1985. It was founded by Mr. Yogesh Chander Munjal, also known as one of the most successful business people in the Automotive parts industry.
In starting, Munjal Showa was a partnership with Showa Corporation of Japan, and that’s how the brand became Munjal Showa. Currently, It’s a part of Hero group and India’s leading shock absorber producer.
The Munjal Showa facility is spread over 24075 sq mt in the industrial area of Gurgaon, Haryana. It has collaborated with 15+ brands, including Hero Group, Hero Cycles, Majestic Auto, and other 4-wheel companies.
- The company designs and manufactures struts, front forks, window balancers, and shock absorbers for two-wheelers and four-wheelers brands.
- Delivers products in several countries like India, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the USA.
- The products work as original equipment for several popular models like Honda motorcycles, Kinetic, Kawasaki, Bajaj, Hero, and 4-wheelers.
- Investment by Hero shows the brand’s future credibility among other players in the same pare manufacturing.
- With 40+ years of experience, Munjal Showa is an experienced player in shock absorbers.
- State-of-art facility for research and development for future products.
- It also provides struts and window balancers for different four-wheel brands, this shows the business scale.
Munjal Showa manufactures parts for Hero, Honda cars, Honda motorcycles, Maruti Suzuki & Yamaha.
8. India Nippon Electricals Limited
India Nippon Electricals Limited was established in 1984. Later, the company got converted into a joint venture between MAHLE Electronic Drive Japan Corporation and Lucas Indian Service Limited. Nippon manufactures from 3 plants: Hosur, Pondicherry & Rewari.
- The company produces auto parts for portable gensets, general-purpose engines, two-wheelers, and three-wheelers.
- Besides generators, INEL also manufactures exhaust gas recirculation controllers, engine controllers, and a wide range of sensors.
- It provides a complete array of digital and analog products too.
- The company’s product portfolio includes all custom-built ignition system solutions needed in the automotive industry.
- It has a different division known as Nippon Audio, which deals in music and connected car equipments.
- One of the oldest players in the Indian automobile spare parts sector.
- It has a strong presence in electronics spare parts and collaborated with India’s biggest automobile manufacturers.
- Excellent product quality with a positive response in the automobile repair market.
- State-of-the-art plants & machinery for production.
- It covers 3-wheelers, 4-wheelers, trucks, and other categories.
Currently, India Nippon Electricals deals with Mahindra, Piaggio, Tata, JCB, VW, Maruti Suzuki, Force Motors & other brands.
Explore a wide range of car accessories offered by Nippon.
HELLA India Electronics Private Limited belongs to HELLA Group, also known as Hella KGaA Hueck & Co. Sally Windmüller started the brand in 1980.
It covers over 35 countries with 125 locations. Compared to other manufacturers, HELLA is tagged as top 40 automotive suppliers in the world. It designs and manufactures solutions related to electronics, energy management, steering systems, and advanced automotive sensors using German technology.
HELLA India operates from 6 locations, including Dhankot, Becharji, Pune (global development and research centre), Chennai (global lighting engineering centre), and Coimbatore.
- HELLA Group is an acknowledged source of accessories (headlights, taillights & bulbs), diagnostics, and auto parts for all markets.
- It is one of the top 100 largest German industrial companies.
- In terms of portfolio, HELLA covers body electronics, energy management, electric power steering, sensors, actuators & ECU.
- Smart pricing with a wide presence globally.
- Wide range of electronics that car owner prefers over genuine parts because of cost.
- It covers a wide range of automobile brands to target all kinds of customers.
- Excellent customer service with easy returns.
HELLA manufactures parts for Maruti Suzuki, Ford, Renault, Nissan, Lumax, Mahindra, Tata Motors, Honda, etc.
Check their product range:
Definition Of Automobile Spare Part
An automobile spare part, also known as a car part, is a component or system that is used to repair or maintain a vehicle (2, 3, 4 wheelers or any).
From small to big, a spare part includes the whole engine to a transmission system, engine oils to brake systems, and other items. Each spare parts are essential to run a vehicle, so it’s important to keep it in check. Below is the classification of automobile spares:
- Engine parts: Items includes head, cam, pistons, engine oil, filters, etc.
- Transmission parts: Items include different gear components, oils, clutch, etc.
- Suspension parts: Item includes springs, shock absorbers, etc
- Body parts: Item includes bumpers, lights, panels, etc.
- Electrical parts: Item includes music, ECU, infotainment, etc.
Usually, automakers tie up with quality parts manufacturers. The brands listed above are standard examples.
Automobile Component Clusters In India
- Tamil Nadu
- National Capital Region (NCR)
- Madhya Pradesh
- India is the second largest steel producer globally. This helps the automobile sector with cost optimization.
- Compared to Europe and America, the Indian auto sector is cost-effective.
- Indian sector is a leader when it comes to crucial auto parts such as shafts, bearings, etc. In addition, we also export these to global automakers.
- As the EV market is opening up, the Indian market is expected to reach $206 billion by 2030.
These are just a few examples of the many automobile parts manufacturers that operate in India. There are also many smaller, specialized manufacturers that produce specific types of automobile parts for a particular market or application.
Who is the largest auto parts supplier in India?
Rane & SKF are one of the biggest automobile parts manufacturer/suppliers in India.
Where are most auto parts manufactured?
Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, NCR, Gujarat & Madhya Pradesh are 5 major states where parts get manufactured.
Where are most Toyota parts made?
Japan, Poland, America, and India are major Toyota parts manufacturing hubs in the world.
Who makes the parts for Maruti cars?
Bosch, Rane, Motherson Sumi, SKF, MGP, and different local brands contribute to Maruti.
Who makes parts for Hyundai?
Like Suzuki, Hyundai manufactures many of the parts in-house. Whereas, it outsources engine and electronics parts from ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Bosch, etc.
Image source: ibef.org